The Urban League of Greater Chattanooga’s Education and Youth Development (EYD) division develops innovative programs to support academic achievement, civic involvement, and the physical and emotional development of children and youth.
We offer extended learning after school programming at designated schools. The after school tutoring program is designed to reinforce and complement the regular academic program of participating students and is aligned with Tennessee Common Core standards. All activities are educationally based and include:
- An average of 15 hours per week of extended learning
- Reading skills development and enhancement
- Math or science skills development and enhancement
- Computer literacy and skills development
- Academic mentoring or tutorial assistance
- Sports or leisure opportunities such as Martial Arts, African Dance and Drums, Basketball fundamental drills and more!!
To find out if your child's school is one of our designated schools, call Mary Edwards at (423) 756-1762.